This page contains documented changelogs from every Wrack update so far since the alpha funding started.
- Began animating the E1L4 miniboss, Zombo! He's by no means finished, but there's been a significant amount of progress.
- Decals can now fade both their color and transparency over time. This has been applied to the missile and blood decals.
- Made numerous tweaks to the Oculus boss fight. It should be more interesting and more fair now.
- Added additional and improved gibs for the Arcturan soldiers.
- Fixed a collision bug that made it difficult to consistently get an extra boost from jump pads by holding the jump button.
- Added both a "Browse Workshop" and "Reset" menu item to the "Workshop Content" menu! This allows you to browse the Steam Workshop from within Wrack itself, and should you subscribe to anything new, reset the list and play that content immediately!
- Added background sounds for both the Recycling Center and Fusion Plant.
- Monsters now turn more smoothly.
- Players now turn more smoothly to face their view target.
- Monsters now turn over 15 frames instead of 8.
- Brightened the switch textures, pulse cells, and seek soldiers.
- Fixed a weapon rendering issue that prevented the outlines from reaching the edge of the screen.
- The QuakeAttack() AI script command no longer takes a screen shake amount argument. Instead, it returns true if the player was affected. DoScreenShake() can now be used to achieve the same effect as before.
- Added the DoScreenShake() AI script command. It functions exactly like the weapon script command of the same name.
- QuakeAttack() no longer tries to damage objects in range if the "damage" argument is 0.
- hud_displayposition now displays the player's angle/pitch as well.
Still in Color!
- Changed font/killchains/combo graphics with a pronounced black outline.
- Changed loading screen with backgrounds from previous update and a new frame.
- New sounds for lava, Oculus forcefield and lightning columns. Removed two unnecessary toxic waste sounds.
- Crawlers, Crushers, Sentries and Turrets now can be damaged by other enemies.
- Reworked gibs for Arcturan Soldier.
- Modified Zombo texture.
- Small changes to the HUD script file.
- Minor changes to the maps concerning some items placement and the new lava sound.
- New titledemo1.wrp replay.
Now in Color!
- Significantly brightened many of the game's textures and graphics! The game's overall contrast should be much better now.
- Added a new form of anti-aliasing: FXAA! This reduces pixelation of numerous edges, including weapon outlines and textures.
- Updated the lightmapping blur algorithm to produce better results. Mappers also have more blurring choices!
- Faces now take up less less lightmap space due to no longer needed a pixel-wide border.
- Lowered the level ambient lighting from 64 to 16 to produce more contrast.
- Optimized the rendering of decals. There's still some more work to do, but it should be a bit better now.
- Lowered the max. number of decals on a single face from 512 to 256.
- Made some tweaks to the bloom algorithm. It now samples a more even distribution of pixels on the screen to blur.
- Added support for angle/pitch offsets for various screen shaking effects, and applied it to the weapons (including the Hyperblade when it hits something).
- The gamepad now rumbles when an object is struck with the Hyperblade.
- Brightened and increased the duration the dynamic lights attached to weapons when they fire.
- Made some lighting/architecture adjustments on E1L1.
- Added some bloom maps for several E1L1 textures.
- Removed a couple of duplicate faces on E1L4.
- Barrel gibs now spin around.
- Fixed an issue that prevented killed monsters that activate a checkpoint from being gibbed.
Look Into My Eye Hotfix
- Added an option to disable the rendering of decals.
- Decals now propery vanish in a manner consistent with other objects (when a player continues, restarts a map, etc.).
- Added a skylight to the right section of E1L6.
- E1L6 now properly exits to E1L7, rather than the credits. Whoops!
- Reduced the number of seeking rockets from 6 to 4 in Oculus's arena.
- Reduced the damage of Oculus's seeking rockets.
- Skill and cheat settings are now written to quicksaves.
- Fixed a bug that allowed exploding kamikazes to damage nearby monsters even if those monsters are immune to monster damage.
- Fixed a bug that would allow objects to fall through slopes if blocked while on them.
- Fixed a bug that allowed collision with hitscan weapon impact handlers.
Look Into My Eye
- Added a new level: E1L7! This completes the Fusion Plant.
- Added a new boss: Oculus! He is the boss for E1L7 (and slightly incomplete).
- Added new oil decals that spawn when robotic gibs strike surfaces.
- Added a new Hyperblade decal that appears when you slash surfaces.
- Added new music that plays during the Giggordo cutscene on E1L6'.
- Added the Oculus concept sketch to the gallery.
- Increased the damage output on Zombo, Gnash, and Giggordo.
- Giggordo's spike balls now properly rotate.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in infinite loops when restoring a quicksave in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue with kerning and colored text.
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to "gib" the crate traps and get a 50 point bonus.
- Added a brand new feature - decals! These graphics are applied to the level geometry, and dramatically increase the amount of gore!
- Added the SpawnImpactDecal() AI scipt command, which allows objects to spawn decals at their point of impact against a face.
- Added the SpawnFloorDecal() AI script function. It does what you think it does.
- Added the +nodecals surface flag, which prevents decals from spawning on certain surfaces.
- Added a surprise to E1L6!
- Added remade spike balls, along with a new instakill variation!
- Improved the leaderboard menus' display and input handling when retrieving scores.
- Added the SFXF_PLAYIFOUTOFRANGE sound effect flag, which allows sounds to play even if they're too far away to be heard.
- Updated the loading screens.
- Updated a few more E1L6 textures.
- Applied a bloom map texture to the Blast Guard - making it glow in the dark.
- Made some improvements to E1L6' to improve clarity.
- Wrack now prompts you to restart the game when selecting a subscribed mod to play.
- The Subscribed Maps/Subscribed Mods menus now indicate when subscribed content is still in the process of being downloaded.
- Wrack now displays the "NEW!" notification when new objects have been downloaded from the Steam Workshop.
- When trying to load a mod with an error, Wrack now displays a message box saying that the mod will be unloaded so that you can start Wrack normally (and actually does it, of course).
- Removed the "Featured Maps" menu. The system has essentially been replaced by the Workshop.
- The left mouse button can now be used to advance past the title screen.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused you to fall out of the map if you hit your head on a lift.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Blast Guard to be used against projectiles fired by monsters you've killed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the title demos to use weapons you finished the game with.
- The current music track is now properly restored when loading a quicksave.
- Fixed a bug that caused objects to not properly rest on moving faces when loading a quicksave.
- Gradient fog is now restored properly after loading a quicksave.
- The "player died" event is now sent to all AI scripts when the player dies.
- Giggordo now goes idle once the player dies.
Fall Into Darkness
- Added a new level: E1L6'! This is the extra level for episode 1, and is accessed from E1L6 through a secret exit.
- Added the Blast Guard! This is an artifact that makes rocket jumping much more viable. It is found on E1L6'.
- Added a prototype of Giggordo, the E1L6' boss! No model or animation just yet, but the gameplay is there.
- Added and reworked many of the E1L6 textures! They're now much more crisp and colorful.
- Added some new trooper melee sounds.
- Added several new items to the gallery.
- Added the new QuakeAttack() AI script command, which works similarly to RadiusAttack(), but only affects objects on the ground.
- Added several new sentry-related AI script commands.
- Made some texturing and lighting tweaks to E1L6.
- Updated the title sequence, along with the title screen.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "Restart" command from working properly in Time Attack/Score Attack mode.
- Fixed a bug that would result in certain face actions being activated upon restoring a quicksave.
- Fixed some aspect ratio issues when displaying a few images that take up the whole screen.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the map convert tool from converting multiple maps at once.
Get Your Mod On!
- Mods can now be submitted to Steam Workshop through WrackEd! They can be subscribed to and played through Wrack as well.
- Workshop submissions (both maps and mods) can now be updated after publishing through WrackEd!
- Wrack now automatically downloads updated versions of subscribed Workshop items.
- Added new gib sound effects! Gibs now make sounds as they bounce off of things.
- Added two new trooper death animations.
- Added the "object shoots" face action activation type, which allows face actions to activated by shooting it.
- Added the GetVelocity() AI script command, which returns the object's current velocity.
- Added new AI script commands for debugging mod development: AddOutputInt(), AddOutputBool(), AddOutputString(), and PrintOutput().
- Added some cutscenes to the right side of E1L6 to better clarify what the switches do.
- Updated the map format to accomodate the new face action activation type. Older maps will need to be run through mapconvert\MapConvert.exe
- Updated the display name of numerous objects in the editor.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the railgunners from gibbing properly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented leaderboard replays from being watched on leaderboards with multiple entries.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "enter" key binding from saving properly.
- Separated the subscribed map/mod menus in Wrack.
- Fixed a bug that prevented replacement textures in object spawned by spawners to not properly precache.
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to quicksave during intermission.
- Fixed a bug that prevented secrets from being re-findable after restarting a map in Time Attack/Score Attack.
- Knockback from rockets is now affected by the Doomsphere.
- Damage done to yourself from rockets is now affected by the Doomsphere.
- Fixed a bug that caused colorized sections of text spanning multiple lines to mistakenly be reset on subsequent lines.
Support the Troopers
- Arcturan troopers now have their own unique model! As a result, they're now further differentiated from the soldiers.
- Added achievement graphics! All of the currently unlockable achievements now have graphics, with the rest to come soon.
- Added some Arcturan gut gibs which spawn for both the soldiers and troopers.
- Added more detail to the bazooka texture.
- Greatly improved the spike ball texture.
- Bloom mapped the lights on the supply crate projectile trap.
- Gibs now cross over monster blocking planes.
- Fixed an editor crash involving pasting objects and undo/redo.
- Fixed an editor crash involving using undo while creating a prism.
- Fixed a bug that caused Score Attack mode to mistakenly use your regular playthrough high score on a map, rather then your high score in Score Attack mode.
- Arcturans no longer glitch when trying to melee attack you.
- Fixed a crash involving undo/redo in WrackEd. Let us know if crashes still occur using undo/redo and we'll get them fixed ASAP!
It’s a Trap!
- Added new supply crate traps! One is a bomb that explodes, and another is a projectile shooter which rises up and fires a bunch of shots in a ring. Crouch to avoid its attack!
- Steam Workshop is now active! You can now browse submitted content published to it.
- You can now submit your maps to Steam Workshop through WrackEd.
- You can now browse and play subscribed Workshop maps through the “Workshop Content” menu.
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to fall through the map on E1L2.
- Fixed a crash involving using objects as stairs.
- Objects can now be properly climbed like stairs.
- The default selection in the “Choose Skill” menu is now the last skill setting you chose.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some achievements to mistakenly unlock after loading a quicksave.
- Removed episode 2/3 from the episode selection menu
Reach for the Skybox
- Completely remade the skyboxes! All of the existing skyboxes have been heavily updated, and E1L6 now has one of its own.
- Added new specialized kill chain and kill combo graphics!
- Added a new railgun trail graphic.
- Added a new model for the box of rocket ammo.
- Optimized the calculation of the model outlines, which speeds up loading times.
- Kerning values are generated automatically for fonts! Now, all that’s supplied is a base kerning amount, and the rest is taken care of automatically.
- Sped up font rendering.
- You can now specify which font glyphs have kerning applied to them.
- Protips can now be colorized to highlight certain keywords.
- Added and tweaked a few protips.
- Gibs now properly bounce off of sloped floors.
- Made a couple of fixes so that moving faces (lifts, etc.) end at the proper distance upon reaching their desired distance.
- Kill chains and kill combos can now be defined externally! Their own graphics can now be specified as well.
- Added a “NARRATOR” speaker title to the narrator’s lines.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the storyboards.
- Fixed a crash that randomly occurred after exiting the credits sequence.
- Made a fix to prevent objects from being “double deleted”, which would produce an error.
- Only replays made with the current release of Wrack can be played off of the leaderboard.
- Fonts glyphs are now imported on a single texture, rather than individually.
- Sound objects now properly play their sounds after a quicksave is restored.
- Fix a bug that reset the number of secrets on a map after restarting in Time Attack/Score Attack mode.
- Fixed a bug that mistakenly caused players riding moving faces to block their movement.
- Fixed a bug that allowed bounce collision objects to slide past walls when colliding with corners.
- Fixed some walls on E1L2 that barrels could travel behind.
The Update Cometh... Early
- Added 3 new featured maps: Canyon of Headaches, Colouratic, and Rainbow Race.
Full Steam Ahead
- Scrolling textures are now properly restored for quicksaves.
- Fixed a bug that made the lightmap texture blend with any skybox view portals.
- Made some minor writing fixes/changes to the storyboards and cutscenes.
- Fixed a few quicksave-related bugs.
- Fixed a couple of zoom-related issues.
- Fixed a few visual issues on E1L3.
- Fixed a situation resulting in an inescapable room on E1L3.
- Fixed some issues with secondary animations.
- Changed the position and type of one of the armor pieces in the finale section of E1L6.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using alt+enter at certain places involving the blurred screen transition effect.
- Added a cutaway on E1L6 showing you the effect of the maze end switch.
- Adjusted the start position on Mechron's rockets for his central pillar attack to more clearly demonstrate the attack, and how to dodge it.
- The "summon" cheat is no longer usable during time/score attack.
- Fixed a bug that caused mouse inputs to dramatically affect the player's turn velocity when fading out of a menu.
- Added support for secondary animations! Objects can now play a secondary animation which loops continuously which is unaffected by the primary animation.
- Added animation callbacks! These are script events that happen on a particular frame of an animation. We longer need to break animations into multiple parts to have certain events happen (sounds play, melee damage is dealt, etc.).
- Added a new secret to E1M5.
- Added some clipping faces to E1M2/3 to prevent you from getting stuck against wall details.
- Added a switch to raise some platforms on E1M3 to give you the option of making the jumping puzzle more accessible.
- The quit screen now links to Wrack's Facebook/Twitter pages.
- Gnash's "ring of projectiles" now spawn from his center - rather than in front of him.
- Kill chains now have certain names depending on the chain length ("Great!", "Fantastic!", etc.).
- Fixed a bug that resulted in spawned projectiles mistakenly being destroyed instantly. This occurred every now and then with Gnash's ring projectiles.
- Renamed "arcturan_miss.wav" to "arcturan_miss1.wav" (there are multiple miss sounds).
- Spike balls now reset their position when the player revives. This should prevent issues with them getting bunched up on E1M5.
- The breakable crates' height now more closely matches their model height. This allows them to be jumped on in more situations (like on E1M5).
- Fixed a couple of physics glitches on E1M5.
- Moved the extra life secret on E1M5 to a different crate on the left path. It is now actually accessible without some extreme shenanigans.
- Added the next chapter of Wrack - E1M5! This map completes the Recycling Center, and introduces a brand new boss - Gnash!
- Completed the HUD! The HUD is now essentially complete (unless we change minor things later).
- HUDs can now be customized for mods! The new "huddef" folder now controls which graphics are displayed and where. This system may be expanded in the future.
- Added chain sounds! Escalating sounds now play when you chain kills together. Really adds a lot to the game!
- Simplified main resource loading in the editor! Now, all you do is specify the Wrack installation folder, and it takes care of loading the resource files required by the editor! It also uses the same folder to run Wrack.exe to test your map.
- Added an option to allow you to swap the functions of the left/right thumbsticks (move/aim). Helpful for left-handed people!
- Gamepad-specific game elements (vibration, specialized binding strings, etc.) now only apply when the player's last inputs came from the gamepad. This allows Wrack to seamlessly switch back-and-forth between gamepad and keyboard/mouse mode.
- Changed "gm_usegamepad" to "gm_enablegamepad", and it now defaults to true.
- Added hud_displayspeed, which allows you to display your instantaneous speed.
- Added a new title screen.
- Optimized the buildings on E1M1 to speed up loading times and rendering.
- Cleaned up the texturing on the sentry.
- Added some blocking faces to the sides of the elevators on E1M2 and E1M3 so that you don't bump your head.
- Simplified one of the jumping puzzles of E1M2.
- Swapped the max. health bonus and one of the large gold bags on E1M2.
- Wrack's mods are now done through .wpk files! These are standalone mod files which should be opened with Wrack itself. This replaces .wrm files.
- Fixed a bug that would cause objects resting on lifts and other moving faces to move at twice the rate of the lift itself upon restoring a quicksave. This resulted in Mechron being dumped right into the lava on E1M3 any time you got to him after loading a quicksave.
- Gave the game's main data files more appropriate file names.
- Fixed a bug that would cause featured maps to be played in time/score attack mode if you previously played a map in one of those modes.
- Fixed a bug which caused the mouse to not highlight the proper menu items in the pause menu.
- Restored gridtrim.png to its rightful location.
- Removed the "hudgraphic" ammo property (the same graphic is displayed on the HUD for all ammo types).
- Lowered the comma font graphic slightly.
- The jump at the end of the left hall from the first room is no longer flagged as being a secret on E1M2.
- Added quicksaves! You can now save your game at any point and restore it either by hitting your "Quickload" key or by selecting "Quicksave" at the "Load Game" menu!
- Added the "Quick Play" menu! This allows you to play any loaded map from the "New Game" menu quickly and easily - including custom maps!
- Added the "Cakewalk" skill! This starts the game with a few cheats enabled and gives you access to a cheats menu. Great for just checking out a map or testing purposes!
- Added menu item descriptions! These display at the bottom of a menu and give some information about the currently selected menu item.
- Added text kerning! This allows the font images to slightly overlap with each other so that certain letter combinations don't appear so far apart. For more details, check Wikipedia!
- Font space width and kerning definitions now go by unscaled font dimensions.
- Improved cheat handling! All cheats when enabled now should continue to be active after changing levels without needing to be re-enabled (with the exception of cht_freeze).
- Added cht_instagib, which makes all of your shots gib monsters!
- Added the "cht_ghost" cheat which combines the old cht_nocollision and cht_fly into one cheat.
- The editor config file is located in your %appdata%\WrackEd folder, instead of the local program folder.
- Temporary editor files (tempmap.map, templightmap.png, tempscript.txt) are now written to %appdata%\WrackEd.
- Increased the volume on geizer_siren.wav.
- Added "crusher_idle.wav", which plays during one of the crusher's idle animations!
- Geizer's (boss version) missiles now explode when he's killed, instead of simply disappearing.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if you didn't select a face action upon bringing up the face action selection window.
- Fixed a bug that made some property definitions cut off after 32 characters, when they should be allowed to be longer.
- Fixed an error in the way lights are saved/loaded from maps. NOTE: This results in me having to convert maps for you!
- Wave missiles now have the proper explosion particle color.
- The "SlimeDecal" map object now appears in the "Decorations" category of the editor.
- Removed cht_nocollision. It has been replaced by "cht_ghost".
- You can now gib DEAD BODIES! Hooray!
- Mechanical monsters (except for crushers) now gib!
- Gibs are now precached to avoid slowdown upon the first gib of a monster.
- Gibs can now inherit their scale from their parent. This allows the various arc gibs to match the size of the arc they came from!
- Gib velocity can now be specified via scripts.
- Added sounds for both blood and mechanical gibs!
- Added some new blood particles to keep blood spawning from getting too stale.
- Spawners now spawn particles and play a sound when they spawn something.
- Added a new "silent" spawner type which spawns objects without teleport particles or sounds.
- Added explosion graphics for the rockets, kamikazes, and crate explosions!
- Expanded time attack and score attack to work with both custom maps and featured maps! Now, by entering "timeattack <map name>" or "scoreattack <map name>", you can play the given maps in those modes! You can also select "Time Attack" and "Score Attack" from the featured maps menu.
- Improved sound balance by adding sound priorities! Now, sounds of a lower priority will play less loudly when higher priority sounds are playing.
- Increased the volume on the kamikaze movement "beep" sounds.
- Improved the chain system! Now, instead of it resetting when you don't kill with an attack or let go of the fire key, it resets after not killing a monster for a weapon-specific time (like one second).
- Reduced the player speed from 8.0 to 7.25.
- Reduced view bobbing by 33%.
- View bobbing can now be disabled through the display settings menu.
- Field of view can now be altered through the display settings menu.
- Field of view settings are now property saved in the INI file.
- Added a new teleport texture.
- The first four weapons are now bound to the d-pad on the gamepad by default.
- Added a "weapon shift" key for use with the gamepad! This is similar to hitting the "shift" key on your keyboard, and allows you to use the d-pad to select the other 4 weapons (as soon as they're implemented)!
- When playing a featured map, it is now written to your program directory as "featured map.map" after downloading.
- Gave the letters and numbers in the main font more consistent cropping.
- Added a (less ugly) way of displaying Twitter handles in the credits.
- Added Brett Harrell's Twitter handle (@Mechadon) to the credits.
- Added an exclamation point to the highest difficulty setting.
- Added an alarm sound that plays when you encounter the E1M1 miniboss, Geizer.
- Objects are now sorted by category (rather than ancestry) in the editor! Objects can be placed in any category you choose by setting the "editorcategory" in their definition.
- Cleaned up some aspects of list views in the editor.
- Vastly sped up the process of lightmapping! It now uses multithreading which CPUs with multiple cores can take advantage of.
- Added a "center" location to the particle editor for testing particles that spawn in the middle of the room.
- Beefed up (and simplified) the particle and object creation AI script commands.
- Added the SetIntProperty() AI script command which allows you to manually set various integer properties.
- SpawnerTrySpawn() now returns true or false depending on whether or not the monster/object successfully spawned.
- Added some new buildings to E1M1. It's still a work in progress.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when restarting a time/score attack on maps with secret areas on them (HINT: All of them!).
- Fixed a crash that would occur when pressing esc after pasting faces in the editor.
- Fixed an issue that allowed gib blood puddles on transparent surfaces - thus causing a glitch.
- Fixed a bug that prevented door_lowering actions from being re-activated properly.
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to select unselectable menu items by using the mouse.
- Using the File->Exit menu option in the editor now prompts you for a save if you've changed the map since your last save.
- Renamed the E1M3 boss, Mezron, to Mechron.
- Renamed a couple of monster death-related events.
- Moved more source models to the correct folders.
- Tweaked the "gibhealth" of the crawler.
- Renamed the "Drag and Drop Response" option to the more sensible "Map Autoplay" option.
- Monsters now face you directly when attacking, instead of being bounded to a multiple of 45 degrees.
- ADDED GIBBING! The arcturans now explode in a bloody mess of gibs when massively damaged!
- Made the colored bars on E1M2/E1M3 thinner so that you can see past them! This helps make your progression through the maps more clear, and also entices you with secrets!
- Revamped the armor system! It's now more intuitive and more closely resembles the player's health system.
- Improved the blood particles that appear when shooting the arcturans.
- Made some visual enhancements to E1M2.
- The rocket now produces a smoke trail.
- Added a new crusher alert sound!
- Added a new conveyor belt looping sound!
- Added a couple of breakable crates to E1M2 to help introduce them better.
- Added the IsStopped() AI script command which return true if an object is motionless.
- Particles now sort correctly according to distance.
- Made numerous gameplay tweaks.
- Renamed the "Use shaders" button to "Enable lighting" in the editor (both rendering techniques use shaders!).
- The left bracket key ([) can now be used for bindings.
- The crosshair now fades out during secret message displays.
- Overhauled the lighting on E1M1-E1M4! The maps are now much brighter, more diverse, and have much better use of shadows!
- Greatly increased the brightness and saturation of the E1M2/E1M3 textures! They should look much better now!
- Added designated secret areas! Certain areas of the map can now be marked as being secret, and a display comes up when you find one!
- Added new sounds for the kamikaze! They no longer share sounds with the crawler.
- Improved the HUD graphics for the ammo display!
- The pistol now produces 4x as many blood particles as it used to.
- Added the IgnoreLights() map script command, which allows certain tagged faces to ignore certain light sources.
- Added some new building models. They will soon be used on E1M1.
- Changed the E1M2/E1M3 loading screen as a result of the lighting changes.
- Added some new textures to E1M4.
- Improved the texturing on the breakable crates!
- Redid the particles that spawn when you multi-kill or gib monsters!
- Fixed a major rendering issue that would occur when spawning blood/oil pools on grates.
- Fixed a lightmapping issue with lights that don't decay over a distance.
- Fixed an issue on E1M4 that could cause you to fly out of the map.
- Fixed a bug that caused blinking lights to stop after one round of blinking.
- Replaced the "tan" breakable crate with the "red" breakable crate.
- Renamed "map clear.ogg" to "boss dead.ogg".
- ADDED A NEW MAP - E1M4 - "Recycling Center - Part 1"! This includes new music, a new texture set, and lots of other new stuff!
- Added a new main text font! Text looks much better in the game now!
- Started adding a new HUD! It's incomplete, but this should give you an idea of how it will end up looking.
- Added a new monster - the kamikaze! You can find them on E1M4.
- Added a new monster - the spread shot arcturan! You can find them on E1M4.
- Added a new monster - the autofire turret! These turrets fire continuous shots straight ahead. (Also on E1M4).
- Added a new miniboss - Zombo! He appears at the midpoint of E1M4. He is largely unfinished ATM.
- Added a new powerup - the guardsphere! This reduces damage taken by 75%.
- Updated the turret texture! They look much better now!
- Updated the breakable crate textures. They're still being worked on.
- Reduced the shading on turrets making them much easier to see.
- Moved wall_glass1.png to the "e1common" texture folder from the "e1m2" texture folder.
- Renamed the "screenshot" command to "vid_screenshot".
- You can now bind a screenshot key in the controls settings menu.
- Fixed a rendering bug involving skybox view portals and transparent faces.
- When cycling through brightness, it now loops back to 1.0, instead of 0.0.
- Removed the old menu graphics which are no longer used.
- Weapon mods no longer require you to bind a separate weapon change key for replaced weapons. This works great for Captain Xavious's weapon mod!
- Added a new cvar, pl_viewbobbing, which controls whether or not the player's view bobs while running (defaults to TRUE). If Wrack gives you motion sickness, just turn this off through the console!
- Tweaked the normal missile speeds on Easy, Medium, and Hard.
- Added a new title screen! This one actually uses the colored version of the logo!
- Leaderboard menus now display up to 25 items at once, instead of 16.
- Your name now appears in cyan on the leaderboard! This makes it much easier to tell exactly where you are on them.
- Removed some sounds that are no longer used.
- Improved the texture on the health bonus.
- Improved the texture on the megahealth (and removed the brightmapped portion of it).
- Added some spinning dynamic lights to E1M1 (before the miniboss fight) and to E1M2 (in the start room).
- Added the model for an upcoming monster (don't spoil it for others please!).
- The boss lifebar now blinks red when the boss/miniboss is damaged.
- Powerups no longer tick down while player's input is frozen.
- Many dynamic lights now work properly with the dormat flag, ActivateObject() and DeactivateObject() mapscript commands, and checkpoints.
- Updated the default key bindings.
- Fixed a bug that caused long leaderboards to error out making them unable to be viewed. (NOTE: This was included in the "preorder1" hotfix.)
- Fixed input handling so that extreme mouse input values no longer result in your view turning the opposite direction. (Thanks to Bloax for reporting this.)
- Fixed the door before the boss so that you're always able to open it multiple times on E1M1.
- Fixed a scripting issue that prevented return statements from being used in functions.